This page explains the support policy we offer for our Babus shopify theme.
Answers to your questions
Any support question submitted to our support centre will be considered and answered. Please allow up to 1-5 business days for a response to your support question.
In some cases, you may receive a response within a few hours, depending on the volume of questions. Our support team is primarily based in the Paris time zone (GMT+2).
The scope of our support includes the following:
- General questions about the functionality of the theme.
- Help with configuring the functionality of the theme.
Our support does NOT extend to:
- Administering and troubleshooting Shopify or native Shopify features.
- Administration and troubleshooting of third party applications or plugins.
- Phone calls, Skype, Zoom, Facebook Messenger, live video or other real-time media.
- Development of new features or custom designs.
- Any errors related to theme customizations, whether by third-party plugins, applications or purchased template file modifications.
- Any installation, configuration or troubleshooting issues involving third-party applications, including those in the official Shopify app shop.
- Removal or update of customizations to the theme.
- Design or layout changes beyond simple updates that can be made via the theme options.
- Updating themes, whether or not they have been customised.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) issues, configuration or troubleshooting.
- Conversion rate optimisation, commercial, legal or similar issues.
- Page speed or W3C or other validation or similar issues.
- Assistance with setting up or troubleshooting issues with Google Search Console, Google Merchant Center, Google Analytics, Google AdWords remarketing tags, Google Tag Manager, Facebook pixels, or other third-party analytics or tracking codes.
- Problems with rich snippets or schema validation.
- Legal or compliance issues such as accessibility, RGPD, COPPA, privacy or similar issues.
- Support for customisations for developers or designers in progress for clients.
Our support comes with some additional limitations:
- Technical support is not guaranteed, but we will do our best to help you or provide resources or referrals to help you solve your problem.
- A valid, registered theme license may be required to receive technical support, subject to verification by Brabus Media. Anyone using the Brabus shopify theme without having purchased it will be prosecuted and their store closed.
- We reserve the right to limit support to the end user of the theme only.
- We reserve the right to limit support to customers with excessive requests, especially customization requests or questions documented elsewhere.
Some other important notes on our support:
- French is our native language, although we can also provide limited support in English (although this may increase the time it takes to process your request). If you send a request in another language, we will try to use an online translation service to translate your request, but our response will be in French.
- Requests containing typographical errors in the sender's email address or other contact information may prevent delivery of our response.
- If we have successfully resolved an issue and you respond to the same ticket with a new issue, your new issue will be treated as a new request.
Harassment and Merchant Code of Conduct
We reserve the right to restrict support and possibly withdraw support based on what Brabus Media considers to be inappropriate behaviour.
The following behaviour will not be tolerated:
- Racist, sexist, discriminatory language of any kind
- Inappropriate or rude language
- Threats or derogatory comments directed at Brabus Media staff or contractors
- Theme and customisation issues
Theme problems and personalisation problems
We are committed to resolving any theme issues or bugs as soon as possible after they are brought to our attention. Once we have determined that the problem is with the standard theme, we will provide you with a fix. If there is a problem due to a change in the default template files, we will advise you on how to restore the theme to the original.
Limitation of liability
When creating a personal account for Brabus Media support staff, we are not responsible for any changes, customizations or alterations to your shop that may result in lost profits or special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our products or services, whether such changes are made by our team or via unauthorized access through our account.